I've seen this on several journals today and thought I'd join in. I'd love to hear in comments whether there is anything that came as a surprise. Several answers stolen from asecretchord where I copied this from.... looks like I found a brain twin!
Ack! Changed my LJ password and in trying to edit that, lost my edits when I tried to cross post from Dreamwidth! Meep!
1. How old will you be in 10 months?
2. Do you think you'll be married by then?
I'll have been married for 37 years by then
3. What do you look forward to most in the next 3 months?
A conference the end of May where I'll see folk I see once a year; my brother and his wife are coming to visit in July
4. Who was the last person you called?
Ummm.... oh, a department chair about a problem faculty person
5. Who was the last person to call you?
6. Do you prefer to call or text?
Text. Call means talking to someone
7. Do you have any pets?
Not at the moment.
8. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Wishing I could get to sleep.
9. Are your parents married/divorced/separated?
Mom died eight years ago; dad still misses her
10. When is the last time you saw your sister?
Two-ish weeks ago when we ran into each other visiting dad at the nursing home
11. What happened at 10:00am?
Email. Email happened at 10:00 am.
12. How many states have you lived in?
One. New York
13. How many cities/towns have you lived in?
Three; all suburbs of Buffalo
14. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
I used to be a socks person but now I love slippers
15. Are you a social person?
Gods, no! But I can fake it.
16. What was the last thing you ate?
17. What is your favorite ice-cream?
Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk
18. What is your favorite dessert?
Ice cream sundaes
19. What's your idea of a perfect day?
A day alone in the house with no chores to do; or 'stuck' alone in a hotel room with my computer
20. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
I don't like PBJ, but if I did, it would have to be Welch's Grape Jelly
21. Do you like coffee?
22. How many glasses of water a day do you drink on average?
Ummm...One-ish. Unless I'm making a specific effort
23. What do you drink in the morning?
Crystal Light flavor du jour with the vitamins; then a cup of coffee on the road to work
24. Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?
Honestly? By myself, but I can't imagine my husband endorsing that idea. The things we do for love. *g*
25. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
This question always confuses me. If you stand at the foot of the bed and stare at the headboard, my side is on the right.
26. Do you know how to play poker?
27. Do you like to cuddle?
For about 5 minutes; then it's smothering
28. Have you ever been to Canada?
It's just across the river; when I was a kid, you barely know it was another country
29. Do you eat out or at home more often?
30. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
A girl I attended grade school with; her mom and my mom also had the same birthday (but different from ours)
31. Do you speak any other language?
32. Have you ever been in an ambulance?
33. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
Are you kidding? There's seaweed and things in the ocean, and it's COLD. Pool, preferably a heated one.
34. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
Aisle. I'm, um, horizontally challenged and the aisle gives me an illusion of more space
35. Do you know how to drive a stick shift?
Oh yeah. Haven't done it in years.
36. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Good food. Extravagant chocolate
37. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
Never; I rarely wear jewelry.
38. What is your favorite TV show?
NCIS, Person of Interest
39. Do you miss any of your exes?
40. Who is the funniest person you know?
Guy who works for me. He has a great, and intelligent, sense of humor
41. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
42. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
::embarrassed:: I still have the default ring tones
43. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
44. What is the color of your bedroom walls?
So light a yellow it looks beige
45. Do you shut off the water when you brush your teeth?
No, but I need to run the hot water for the shower I take right after
46. Do you sleep with your closet doors opened or closed?
47. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of killing bees?
Bear. Definitely by a bear.
48. Do you flirt a lot?
49. Is there someone you're thinking about right now?
The hubby; he's wrapped up in a blanket and has called it a night on the couch.
50. Are you a relationship type of person?
Kinda. I don't have a lot of friends but I hold on to them.